CONFIDENTIALITY and personal data protection policy
In accordance with the laws applicable in Quebec concerning the collection and processing of personal information, the Honco Group has adopted a policy concerning confidentiality and the protection of personal data.
Aim of the policy
The purpose of this policy is to explain how the company handles data transmitted by the users of its websites or other applications or systems, whether for recruitment, hiring or other purposes. It aims to inform employees, applicants, and the general public about how their personal data are processed by the Honco Group.
The Honco Group policy on confidentiality and the protection of personal data reflects our commitment to protecting the information in our possession and complying with the laws governing the protection of privacy. Because the Honco Group recruits and hires qualified and competent human resources to achieve its organisational objectives, the Honco Group and its subsidiaries hold confidential information about its employees. For this reason, the Honco Group has implemented various mechanisms to ensure the confidentiality of the personal information that it holds and collects.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about a person that allows that person to be identified. Given the confidential nature of such information, specific protection measures are put in place and maintained to ensure its security. With certain exceptions, such information may not be communicated without the consent of the data subject (reference: definition of the ‘Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec’). For example, personal information includes first name, last name, postal code, and e-mail address.
- Submission or information request form.
- Website registration form.
- Application form.
- Management software for employee files.
The above information is collected by the Honco Group for the following reasons:
- Respond to information requests.
- Publish its Newsletter or other types of advertising or promotion.
- Process and send a customer order.
- Generate statistics.
- Manage the organisation’s website (presentation, organisation).
The Honco Group collects certain information through log files and cookies. This mainly concerns the following information:
- IP addresses.
- Operating systems.
- Visited pages and queries.
- Time and day of connection.
- Digital advertising of the “remarketing” type.
Tools such as Google Analytics and the Facebook pixel collect non-personal information through cookies. Most of the sites that you visit, including those of the Honco Group, use these technologies to better serve their users. Non-personal information does not enable us to identify visitors to our websites. It is only used to measure the effectiveness of these sites and improve their content.
When do we need your consent?
We use your information only with your consent or as permitted by law. We obtain your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your information:
- When we need to use your information for a purpose other than the one for which you had already given your consent.
- During certain specific interactions with us, such as customer service calls or when filling out online forms.
Collection of personal data during recruitment
In general, personal data are collected as follows for people wishing to apply for a job with the Honco Group:
- Digitally, when a person fills in a form on the com webpage that can be found on the company’s website.
- This information is then uploaded into the company’s application management system. This includes personal information such as name, home address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, level of education, etc.
- It should be noted that the Honco Group also uses various social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Indeed and others to attract candidates to join the organisation.
- Also, some people fill out paper job applications that include personal information. It should be noted that this information will be loaded into the company’s human resources management system in the event of eventual hiring.
This information enables the organisation to determine whether the applications received meet the selection criteria for possible recruitment. This information is stored electronically in the Honco Group’s application and employee management system. Paper documents are digitized and stored in the above-mentioned system.
Collection of personal date on recruitment
When a person is hired by the Honco Group, other personal information is collected for the purposes of managing his/her employment, processing his/her pay and benefits, or for any other reason relating to the movement of labour. This information includes:
- Date of birth.
- Social insurance number.
- Emergency contact.
- Bank details: name of institution and account number.
- Names and dates of birth of immediate family members and beneficiaries for inclusion in the various benefit plans.
- The assigned employee number.
- Salary and other benefits.
This information is also stored and updated electronically in the Honco Group’s application and employee management system. Paper documents are digitized and stored in the above-mentioned system.
However, we do not obtain your consent for every interaction with you. For example, if you apply for a new position or wish to change your benefits, we may consider that you agree to our use of your personal information with the relevant organisations.
In addition, we do not obtain your consent in certain situations provided for by law, such as:
- To comply with a court order or other binding demand opening a claim.
- As part of an investigation into the violation of a contract or law.
- To prevent, stop or detect fraud.
Sharing of personal information
We ensure the integrity, security, and confidentiality of confidential information. Customer, employee, or candidate lists are not sold to third parties under any circumstances. The Honco Group therefore undertakes not to market the collected personal information. However, it may share this information with third parties for the following purposes:
- A person acting on your behalf or at your request.
- An insurer or an agent acting on our behalf.
- Third parties, if we need to disclose your information in connection with legal proceedings.
- A regulatory or governmental authority or self-regulatory organisation.
- A person authorized by law to obtain them.
- Third parties involved in the conclusion of a commercial transaction.
If you do not wish your personal information to be communicated to third parties, you may object to this at the time of collection or at any time thereafter in the manner mentioned in the ‘Right of objection and withdrawal‘ section. The Honco Group collects and uses only the information necessary for the purposes previously expressed to you. The Honco Group’s employees use only the personal information that they need to perform their duties.
The Honco Groupe selects its services providers with great care. They are notable in the following categories:
- Technology services (applications, data centre, data storage and backup, hosting services, maintenance, and support services).
- Professional services.
- Financial services and banking.
- Insurance services.
- Communications services.
- Mail services.
- Analytics and marketing services.
All suppliers having access to your information sign a confidentiality agreement with us and agree to use your information only for the purposes stated in the agreement and to provide them with the same level of protection that we offer.
Right to refuse or withdraw access to your information :
In certain circumstances, the law allows you to restrict, refuse or withdraw access to your personal information. Please note that such a request may, in some cases, prevent you from receiving the requested service. The Honco Group will respect your request if you do not wish your personal information to be used in our collection actions. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Human Resources Management
1190, chemin Industriel
Google also offers the option of automatically unsubscribing from interest-based or remarketing advertising. You must visit the following page to unsubscribe:
Google Privacy Center :
Right of access
The Honco Group understands that Internet users have a right of access and may request that certain information be corrected, rectified, or destroyed in certain circumstances. To exercise this right, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to:
Human Resources Management
1190, chemin Industriel
Personal information collected by the Honco Group is stored in a secure environment. All the Honco Group employees, directors, officers, and consultants are required to respect the confidentiality of your information. To ensure the security of your personal information, the Honco Group uses the following measures:
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol.
- Network monitoring software.
- Computer backup.
The Honco Group is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality, notably by integrating the latest technological innovations to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. However, since no mechanism offers maximum security, an element of risk is always present when using the Internet to transmit personal information.
This Confidentiality and Protection of Personal Information Policy is subject to applicable legislative provisions. Consequently, its content may be updated or modified at any time, depending on changes to the legislative context.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for protecting the personal information of the Honco Group and its subsidiaries. If you have any questions about this policy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Human Resources Management
1190, chemin Industriel